Beanstalk is hiring! If you enjoy a busy work day helping the hustle and bustle of busy families, then this job may be the perfect fit for you! Ideal candidates will have previous retail customer service experience, a positive attitude and a quality work ethic.
Our primary mission is providing a great experience for our customers! At our neighborhood children’s shop we are a team and our customers are our greatest assets. We are looking for a hard-working, responsible, friendly and committed individual with an eye for fashion and a skill for sales to join our team.
HOURS and BENEFITS:
- 40hrs per week: Must be available weekdays and weekends
- Hours of operations: Monday -Saturday 10am-6pm and Sunday 10-5pm
- Able to work at either our SE or NE location easily
- Reliable transportation or bike/bus savy is fine
- Starting Wage: Depends On Experience
- 40hrs a year accrued paid time off
- Eligible to participate in Simple IRA Savings Plan with company match after one year.
REQUIRED SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 1 year retail or general customer service experience.
- Consignment or resale retail experience preferred.
- Computer literate with typing skills & social media experience.
- Excellent customer service & leadership skills.
- Ability to work as a positively contributing team member.
- Responsible, punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- Positive & friendly attitude — with both customers and co-workers
- Organized – obsessed with keeping all areas sparkly & maintained
- Easy to approach – able to relate with people unlike yourself
- Enthusiastic – excited about resale and growing a local business
- Problem Solver & clear communicator
- Ability to lift 40 pounds, stand on feet for up to 8hrs, bend, reach & stoop to perform daily tasks
- Multi-task – wear many hats w/accuracy and be friendly under pressure
- Ability to comply with keeping our store Fragrance Free, Drug Free & a Non Smoking workplace.
- Actively participate in the day-to-day operations of the store
- Collaborate daily activities and store projects with other staff members
- Provide excellent customer service
- Operate point of sale & cash transactions in an accurate manner
- Balance till & record daily deposits
- Perform opening & closing duties
- Oversee & maintain store inventory (sorting, organizing, merchandising, steaming, tagging).
- Act as store Key Holder, ensuring the safe operation & security of the store
HOW TO APPLY:
Drop off or send resume with cover letter about your interest, your skills and why you’re a good fit. As well as current contact info & references. (All requested info MUST be included to be considered)
Please specify “FT Retail Associate” in the subject line of your email.